Workshop/ Online Administrator
Are you always the ‘organised one’ in your friendship circle or at work? Are you always sorting out every detail of your life, from booking dinners, sorting out travel arrangements? And do you find yourself secretly enjoying it?
Then we need you!
Sew Me Something is seeking a reliable Workshop/ Online Administrator. Someone who is motivated and highly organised to help coordinate and maintain the smooth running of everything behind the scenes.
The main focus of Sew Me Something is to help people and this should be yours too. It is important to go that extra mile and put a smile on someone’s face to brighten up their day.
This is a new role that will be instrumental in developing and extending an existing part of the business. The role will be an integral part of our team and you will need to be able to work alongside others, but also be happy to work on your own undertaking administrative tasks to ensuring the team has adequate support to work efficiently.
A willingness to learn is vital and training will be given in using our operating systems. You will need to show how you have learnt and developed your own skills in and out of the workplace.
You will need to have excellent organisational and communication skills and give examples of where you have used these. You will also need to demonstrate how you have worked unsupervised and used your initiative to prioritise tasks.
We have regular meetings to monitor the progress of the business so you will need to be approachable and friendly, but equally able to voice your opinion if you can see a better way of working.
Flexibility is also key within this role. Although your hours will be mainly during the working week, we attend a number of exhibitions and shows throughout the year both locally and nationally that will mean working away from home and your participation in some of those will be required.
- Fulfil online orders accurately and timely to meet the high standards our customers expect for service and delivery. Completing the necessary paperwork to maintain accurate online sales records and communicating directly with customers as and when required.
- Maintain and add to our CRM system to enable us to track sales and bookings.
- Sorting and taking the post. This will mean driving to the local post office at times.
- Receiving and booking in new stock items, photographing new products and uploading them onto the online store.
- Help with printing and packing our patterns.
- Maintaining and monitoring the online store to ensure its accuracy.
- Assisting with the implementation of advertising and promotional strategies and activities including social media – Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
- Assisting with the preparation of resources and studio space for up coming workshops and other events.
- Attending exhibitions and shows helping to set up and breakdown the stand as well as speaking to the public about our products.
- Carrying out from time to time and as directed, any other duties as required in addition to the above that will be both reasonable and within your capabilities.
Education / Qualifications
Essential: Excellent numeracy and literacy qualifications
Desirable: Fashion, Textiles, Sewing or Pattern cutting qualifications.
Skills and Knowledge
Essential: Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent knowledge of office software applications, Mac or PC
Good understanding of social media platforms
Desirable: Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator or InDesign
Regular user of social media – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest